HQ Capital was one of the first signatories of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI) back in 2011.
We saw it as an opportunity to incorporate ESG into our mission and become an industry leader on a progressively important criteria in the investment process.
With the support of the UNPRI, we found many forums to educate ourselves and compare our experiences with peers in the industry. Since then, we have been working to encourage and incorporate ESG considerations into each of the HQ Capital businesses. Together with its subsidiaries, HQ Capital has been implementing the UNPRI’s six overall Principles:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision making processes
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.